Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Maybe We Really CAN Live on a $75/week Grocery Budget!


I can't show you any pictures of what I got because of the chocolate milk incident, but I can tell you what we're having for supper this week! I didn't have time to do any great coupon/deal collecting, so I just hit Aldi. I have such a hard time figuring out where everything is at that store and it's not as fun as couponing, but it really is a great place to save some $ on groceries.


For a grand total of $48.86 we are going to eat: Beef tacos with tortilla shells, toppings of cheese, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions with Mexican rice on the side; Chicken fried chicken tenderloins with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and other veggies; Grilled pork tenderloin with macaroni salad, homemade biscuits, and veggies; Spaghetti with garlic bread and salad, Waffles with fruit and a ham/egg scramble. This leaves one eating out night, and one throw something together quickly night. Breakfasts consist of egg dishes, pancakes/waffles, and lots of cereal. Lunches are leftovers or sandwiches with fruits/veggies. Snacks are fruit/veggies and milk. We go through a LOT of milk and a LOT of fruit. I'll have to add a gallon of milk and probably some more grapes into the above total before the week is over, I'm sure.


Well, that's it for the groceries! We didn't need any toiletries or cleaning supplies this week, as I'm still well stocked from previous awesome couponing trips.


Later!

No comments: